For best results, we recommend the following when caring for your extensions:
• Use only sulfate-free and paraben-free products.
• Avoid products containing alcohol, oil or ethanol.
• Use salon grade products. Not all products are extension compatible.
• Use spray leave-in-conditioner or moisturizer on extensions to keep from tangling or drying out.
• Brush regularly (while brushing, hold base of scalp where the extensions adhere to the natural hair with opposite hand).
• Only use an extension brush. Do not use round brush unless you are very comfortable with styling your hair with them.
• Do not sleep on wet extensions.
• Braid extensions or pull back in a low pony tail before sleeping.
• Sleep on silk pillow.
Before washing, thoroughly brush extensions to remove any tangles. Gently hand wash with sulfate-free and paraben-free shampoo and lukewarm water. Never rub the ends of the hair together while washing. Repeat as needed, then add conditioner and leave in for 5 minutes. Avoid getting conditioner on the bond of the hair extensions. Be sure to completely rinse away shampoo and conditioner.
Gently squeeze out the excess water and blot with a microfiber towel. Use a wet brush to gently detangle while extensions are damp.
Our extensions can be styled using a wet brush, round brush, flat iron, or curling iron.
As mentioned before use only sulfate-free and paraben-free products. Use salon grade products, meaning you purchased them from our salon. Not all products are extension compatible.
Make sure to consult with your stylist on the best products to use on your extensions. Using products containing alcohol, oil or ethanol can leave your hair dry and may cause tangling.
During vacation and the summer season we want you to rock your long locks. We do want you to please use caution with applying and using sunscreen. Some sunscreens, including spray sunscreen have chemicals that can cause discoloration to the hair. We do suggest a vegan or all natural non aerosol sunscreen to prevent discoloration.
Can I swim with extensions?
Yes. However, the minerals found in bodies of water can sometimes react poorly with extensions which may lead to the discoloration of your extensions.
We suggest you do the following to protect your hair:
-Get your hair wet before entering an ocean, lake or pool.
-We suggest you also comb and braid your hair before entering the water.
-Rising immediately after leaving the water.
-For an extra measure wash with a clarifying shampoo after water activities.
Pregnancy or breast feeding may alter the integrity and strength of your natural hair. Salon South is not responsible for any breakage or damages cause by hormone change. Salon South is not liable and does not replace any hair that is colored or toned (including purple or any other toning shampoo).